The expert hairstylists at VACKER tell us the five essential dos and don’t for healthy hair this spring.
- Cut your ends at least every third month. Yes, even if you want to grow your hair long.
- Use a leave-in product suitable for your hair type; ask a hairdresser’s advice.
- Always use products with heat protection. Hot tools can damage your hair.
- Choose a colour suitable for your lifestyle and personality. If you only visit your hairstylist twice a year, choose a colour that looks good for a long time.
- Braid your hair at bedtime. A braid is gentle to long hair
- Don’t brush, or sleep with, wet hair. It is very fragile and may break.
- If you can’t afford or don’t have time to visit an experienced hairstylist for dyeing, don’t risk making such a big change yourself. Wait until you can visit a professional.
- Don’t ever believe in Instagram and YouTube videos that look too good to be true.
- Be realistic. Don’t bring a picture of a certain hairstyle if that person’s hair has a totally different structure from your own. Your hairstylist knows your hair better.
- Don’t forget to wash your hair every now and then with a deep-cleansing shampoo.
Men’s Spring/Summer Hair Trends 2019
The biggest hair trends in general this season – and particularly popular amongst men – are the ‘80s and ‘90s hairstyles. You can choose anything from the ‘80s curls with a fringe, to the typical middle parting – as worn by Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys. These trends are already noticeable in young men out there, who are totally unaware that their styles are very retro. You’ll see many of these looks on the catwalk – with a lot of different fringes for men.
VACKER is a hair salon with an international team of skilled hairstylists and a shop offering high-quality hair products in Palma de Mallorca. At the salon they speak Spanish, English and Swedish.
Address: FAN Mallorca, Carrer del Cardenal Rossell, 07007, Palma
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 10:00 – 22:00
Telephone: +34 871 180 088
Written by Karolina Bergström
Photos by Pernilla Danielsson